The Coffee Roasters Guild (CRG) and Diedrich Roasters, have opened applications for a scholarship program, to give five worthy attendees free access to the CRG Retreat being held in Delavan, Wisconsin from 25th to 28th August.
The Retreat is described as, a prime source of coffee roaster kinship and shared efforts toward a deeper appreciation and understanding of the craft of roasting.
The 2022 Diedrich Roasters Scholarship, covers the registration fee for five scholarship winners to attend the CRG retreat. Scholarship recipients will cover their own expenses, but other fees, including the shuttle fee, will be covered. The Coffee Roasters Guild is a guild of the SCA, itself a registered non-profit organisation, which hopes to attract new potential leaders to the industry and make the programme more inclusive.
If you don’t want to apply for the scholarship, but want to attend as a paying member, Diedrich supplied the following agenda, which is included in each package.
- All meals & beverages (Thursday to Sunday )
- Thursday an optional pre-Retreat cuppings & roasting tent and equipment introduction.
- Friday lectures & Saturday workshops
- Roasting Team Challenge & Activities
- Networking opportunities
- Access to over 18 roasting machines and manufacturer representatives
- Small group roasting from industry experts
Early bird pricing is available through to July 29 for $995 if you’re an SCA member, or 1,095 after July 29th. If you’re not a member, then the early bird price is $1,195, and the regular price is 1,295